On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:33:53 -0700, Devine, James wrote:

>getting away from sparring such as the above, it
>seems to me that if one wants to understand the
>concrete condions, it really helps to have
>statistics. Both kinds of analysis seem
>relevant, and can be complementary.
>JD

Let me take this opportunity to clear something up. I returned to
PEN-L not to be baited by Doug Henwood. I take the question of
development and statistics quite seriously. If Henwood wanted to
respond to what I wrote, he could have explained why the statistics
instead revealed some deeper truths about Nicaragua and Norway.
Instead, he baited me. This all he knows how to do apparently. This
is really too bad, since I have earned quite a bit of respect through
the posts I have contributed to PEN-L and other leftwing lists. To
throw Lenin at me is just a step above red-baiting and the sign of an
exhausted intellect.

--
Louis Proyect, [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 04/17/2002

Marxism list: http://www.marxmail.org