On 2002.04.24 09:25 PM, "Louis Proyect" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Greg Schofield:
in the revolutionary left. When the revolutionary left refused
> to be reined in, they shot its leaders like Andres Nin. People in Spain
> were willing to risk their lives for economic as well as political
> democracy. When they figured out that the People's Front was not willing to
> smash the old agrarian despotic class relations, they lost their fighting
> will. In a struggle against fascism, you have to have clearly defined class
> politics. Watering down social and economic demands leads to the triumph of
> fascism.
>

> Louis Proyect
> Marxism mailing list: http://www.marxmail.org

Comrade Louis Proyect

In 1920s, in Europe, There were large and strong social democrat party in
Germany and France.
They depended upon strong trade union. But as Marx said, Trade union is
essential conservative. So Lenin again and again struggle against trade
unionism(What to be done)
But Luxemburg etc considered that revolutionary movement must happened
bottom-up, and neglect struggle against trade unionism.
They considered by Massen Strik and associated armed struggle workers can
take over political power. When revolutionary period happened, they tried to
organize workers without struggle against trade unionism. As a result,
although workers struggle Massen Strik and armed struggle, they were
unprepared to take over political power and to handle the power and
defeated.
In the contrary, national social democrat(NAZI) had clear political aim such
as nationalism, racism,  anti-communism and critique of money. They
organized top down right-wing workers and more important national financial
capitalists which led national capitals. IN that time as Hilferding
described, Financial capital organized within nation-state. As a result
political form of financial capital i.e. Imperialism competed with each
other and led to war.
So fascism was not simply  petite bourgeois rebel respond to worker's
struggle  rather party movement of organized financial capitals and
right-wing workers aimed at destroying communism. And they won.

But in current international credit capitalism, mode of capital accumulation
changes. First, financial capital freely transfer among nation-state.
Second, simple commodity becomes credited commodity and they are used to
exploit South. And international financial capitals organized its political
form such as World Bank IMF, OECD etc, which control international capital
flow. So financial capital based upon nation-state which compete with each
other vanished and as a result globalization of capitals happened and
North-South divide occurs.
 According to changing mode of capital accumulation, mass consciousness also
changed. People feel themselves to belong to nation -state rather to belong
to direct capital's power.
As a result, even very young child can become to understand crisis of
capital's culture such as ecological threat, global starvation, urban
unrest, civil war, etc.
 And various social movements challenges globalization of capital such as
from social ecology, worker's cooperative, consumers' cooperative, local
community revival using LET, urban rebuilding, peaceful anti-war
demonstration to armed struggle in third world sometimes took religious form
such as Jihad.
 Their movements can and should abolish money as a fundamental element of
capitalism which past revolution cannot achieve and experience.
If we make clear to aim at abolishing money as a target of revolutionary
movement , we already have world-wide social movements.
Current leadership must recognize this crisis and constructive power and
must and can organize people directly to abolish money as aim of social
revolution.
MIYACHI TATSUO
Psychiatric Department
Komaki municipal hosipital