On Marxline you wrote"

>Melvin,

>The shortest answer to all you say in these many, many posts is that "race" is a >historical category. Basically, my answers will focus on that. You are wrong when >you assert, argue, assume, insist, write at length, that race is only a biological and >not a historical category. It is a historical category masquerading as a biological >category.

You are absolutely wrong. I assert that race is an ideological category existing in the superstructure without a material reality.

Comrade, what I write at length about is a summation of the development of the African American people on the one hand and the political reality that shape the current history of America.

In everything I write the approach is the changes in the means of production - quantitative expansions, what creates the framework for the assertions of the African American people. You speak of race but cannot define race because it is not a historical category. The words "historical category" means a material relationship that developed over along period of time, i.e., historically.

It is true that ideological forms developed from the prehistoric but these forms at best express and "relect" - in quotes material relations.

The question is not "right or wrong" unless you are talking about the standpoint of the Marxist methodology.

Present the exhaustive exposition on race and prove me wrong.

I examined and present every fundamental juncture in the evolution of the African American peoples, the nature of Reconstruction; the mechanization of agriculture, their further proletarianization in the heart of Anglo-American and you present some nonsense about a theory of race.

Expound the race theory and prove your Marxist mantle.

Comrade there is no short answer to the national-colonial question in American and I write as a voice of the Anglo-American proletariat. There is no such thing as race in material reality. Race is a category of the ideological superstructure.

I should tell you what my mother told me as a child: a shortcut  ("The shortest answer to all you say") is the long way around and not worth the trouble.

Race is not a historical category.  Race is an ideological category historically evolved by the bourgeoisie.

Melvin P