I thank Carrol for resurrecting my earlier suggestion.  I definitely would
like to see wider participation on pen-l, where only a handful of people
account for the majority of the dialogue.  I think that it would be very
healthy to draw new penners in.

Would you like to try it?

Carrol Cox wrote:

> I found the following in an old Pen-L post from Michael:
>
> "A few times I have suggested that we take a day or two in which nobody
> who has posted in the last two weeks can contribute anything.  Only new
> voices.  My suggestion never met with enthusiasm."
>
> I think it would be an interesting experiment on either lbo or pen-l.
> Neither list would suffer all that much even if there were absolute
> silence for say two days out of every 6 weeks. I think the technology
> exists for enforcing it even, though I'm not sure whether it would cost
> additional fees or something.
>
> Carrol

--

Michael Perelman
Economics Department
California State University
Chico, CA 95929

Tel. 530-898-5321
E-Mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Reply via email to