One would also want to put insurance premia paid back into the surplus (they
are typically subtracted from profits) in order to treat insurance
symmetrically with self-insurance ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Henwood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 05 June 2002 02:12
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEN-L:26582] Re: RE: Re: RE: RE: Estimating Surplus

Eric Nilsson wrote:

>Doug wrote,
>>  Net interest is figured as what biz pays to households, right? It's
>>  an expense for business and an income for households.
>
>Yes indeed that is the case. I guess such a number doesn't add to
capitalist
>surplus.

No but it's a subtraction from it. The concept is that households are
the ultimate holder of business debts - financial institutions are
just intermediaries.

Doug

Email Disclaimer

This communication is for the attention of the
named recipient only and should not be passed
on to any other person. Information relating to
any company or security, is for information
purposes only and should not be interpreted as
a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any security.
The information on which this communication is based
has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable,
but we do not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.
All expressions of opinion are subject to change
without notice.  All e-mail messages, and associated attachments,
are subject to interception and monitoring for lawful business purposes.