>From Cyberia

The President's Plan for a new Dept. of Homeland
Security has a paragraph
addressing cyber security.  The full plan is available
at
http://www.whitehouse.gov/deptofhomeland/book.pdf

Our nation's information and telecommunications
systems are directly connected to many other critical
infrastructure sectors, including banking and finance,
energy, and transportation. The consequences of an
attack on our cyber infrastructure can cascade across
many sectors, causing widespread disruption of
essential services, damaging our economy, and
imperiling public safety. The speed, virulence, and
maliciousness of cyber attacks have increased
dramatically in recent years. Accordingly, the
Department
of Homeland Security would place an especially high
priority on protecting our cyber infrastructure from
terrorist attack by unifying and focusing the key
cyber security activities performed by the Critical
Infrastructure Assurance Office (currently part of the
Department of Commerce) and the National
Infrastructure Protection Center (FBI). The Department
would augment those capabilities with the
response functions of the Federal Computer Incident
Response Center (General Services Administration).
Because our information and telecommunications sectors
are increasingly interconnected, the Department
would also assume the functions and assets of the
National Communications System (Department of
Defense), which coordinates emergency preparedness for
the telecommunications sector.