I don't want to make you angry.  You were being helpful. And sure,
government funding of NGO activies is one social program. But it is not
that much of a clue to overall size. I mean in the US, we have president
who is strongly committed to two principles - cutting overall funding of
social programs, and increasing government support for religious
charities. So government funding of NGO spending is not that  useful
index for cross-country comparisons of overall social spending. But I
really didn't mean to be rude about your reply.