Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:08:55 -0400
From: T P <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Ohioan arrested by Israeli military- press release

Ohioan Arrested by Israeli Military
7-29-02
For Immediate Release

[NABLUS] Travis Lee Pugh, a U.S. citizen from Columbus, Ohio, was
arrested July 28 by Israeli soldiers and later released. He is in
Palestine with the International Solidarity Movement, an organization
committed to non-violent direct action aimed at preventing atrocities
being carried out by the Israeli military.

An Israeli army bulldozer accompanied by an armored personnel carrier
today attempted to dig trenches in the road that leads from the
Palestinian city of Nablus to the neighboring village of Salem. This
morning international activists and Palestinians worked to remove
roadblocks that had been placed by the military on the road to Salem,
obstructing Palestinian movement and blocking the delivery of food
and water.

Yesterday internationals and local Palestinians successfully removed
roadblocks on the road from Nablus to Iraq Bureen, opening the road
to Palestinian traffic and much needed water and delivery trucks.

Soldiers have blindfolded, handcuffed and thrown in an armored
personnel carrier 3 American citizens, Jonathen Mello, Travis Lee
Pugh, and David Yee. Other internationals are currently sitting in
the road, still trying to block the bulldozer from tearing up the
road. All film and cameras from the internationals have been
confiscated by Israeli soldiers.

Travis stated before leaving for Palestine "We must provide the
Palestinians with the resources they need to stop the injustices and
create a situation where the rights and lives of all people are
protected. As international citizens we are an incredible resource
that can build understanding of the Palestinian cause throughout the
world, while at the same time, through non-violent direct action,
actively prevent the Israeli armed forces from committing crimes
against the Palestinians. I am going to Palestine to be that
resource."

To contact Travis Pugh and his supporters:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

For more information, please call in Nablus:
Susan: +972(0)55-829-680
Merna : +972(0)67-429-686

For more information on the International Solidarity Movement:
Huwaida: +972(0)52-642-709 or +972(0)67-473-308
Ghassan: +972(0)2-277-2018
ISM office: +972-(0)2-626-4844
--
Yoshie