Yes.

There was a Brookings book on Sweden some time ago
that motivates their outlook.  I don't remember what
it said about LM mgmt.

max

Max B. Sawicky wrote:

>Sweden is the liberal mainstream ideal because it is
>viewed as a place with relatively little market-distorting
>policy and a reliance on tax and transfer mechanisms to
>uphold social welfare.

But they seriously interefere(d) with the labor market and created
one of the most egalitarian societies in the world. A high-wage
policy forced companies to invest more than they would have
otherwise. The ideology was one of solidarity and decommodification.
That's all well beyond standard-issue liberalism, no?

Doug