Chris Burford wrote:

> Through contradictions we are equilibrating towards a framework of
> world-governance

Chris,
you might as well say that thru contradictions we are equilibrating towards
world war 3, with just as much assurance about the outcome. And that's the
problem: when there are such huge an dangerous uncertainties in the world,
that in itself predisposes states and leaders to sauve-qui-peut attitudes,
to renewed militarism, authoritarianism, arms races and beggar-my-neighbour
trade and foreign policies, none of which is exactly conducive to world
gummint.

Mark