Shane correctly says that K requires measurement.  Several problems occur
in that regard.  The most interesting for me is a point that I have been
bringing up for some time -- depreciation.  What is the value of a
one-year-old capital good?  New technology or market conditions may make
it worthless in a short time or it may go on working for a long time.  I
have written about this problem in several venues if anyone is interested.

If anyone wants to read Shane's dissertation, come to Chico.  Our library
has it.  It is quite good.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department