Chris Burford wrote:

> Russian troops advancing into Northern Iraq in a preventative "peace
> making" initiative. Iraq might get divided up into zones of
> occupation like
> Germany did, but hopefully US and Russian troops would not fire at each
> other in ill will.)

Russian troops in Iraq? Ooh-la-la, if I was a 'worse-the-better' believer
I'd say amen to that. Can't imagine anything more likely to accelerate the
final capitalist apocalypse.

Btw some people think that 'BP' stands not for 'Beyond Petroleum' but
'Beyond Parody', since despites its best efforts BP has been unable to
increase its production of non-hydrocarbon energy-- so-called 'renewables'
(photovoltaics etc)-- to more than 1% of its turnover. As part of the Beyond
Parody corporate makeover, some BP gas stations in the UK now feature snazzy
solar arrays. They generate just enough electricity to power a display which
tells you what the temperature is and... how much electricity they generate.
A more telling illustration of the utter futility of so-called 'renewables'
would be hard to imagine.

Mark