Title: the fix is in? (II)

Today's Doonesbury cartoon (see http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/dailydose/) suggests that the Bush administration's accusations that Iraq has a nuclear -- oops, I mean "nukular" -- weapons program are valid. This is despite that consensus among "experts" that even though Iraq may have chemical & biological weapons (because it had them in the past), nuclear weapons are unlikely in the foreseeable future.

I know it's only a cartoon, but if the liberal opinion-makers or -expressers like Garry Trudeau are lining up to back Bush's war (however conditionally), the drumbeat for war is bound to grow stronger.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Geiger counters found above-"normal' radiation in Iraq, since the US used depleted uranium ammo in the previous Gulf War. The radiation in such ammo may not be really dangerous (though the heavy metals are), but they might set off alarms.

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine