Yoshie Furuhashi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

When ideas like those traded on the pen-l list reach the the working class, I think most of the debators will be in jail for inciting or incentivizing revolt.

What is the conditional probability of getting rich through hard work for a member of the working class. It is most probably equivalent to the probability of winning a lottery. Even through posterior probability, it would still be high. Hard work very rarely pays off, the statitical record speaks for itself. the man says he is above 100,000  and within the 10 percent band, above a million and within what .05% percent band and the skewness simply grows. thank god for statistics.

there is after all a sort Veblenian tone to  what that man says, he dangles the mythological carrot that very few can reach but many waste a lifetime hoping they can.

In a way the piss poor neoclassical argument of scarce resources seems to make it clear that not every one can be rich.

Do you Yahoo!?