When I was clerking on the federal district court in
Chicago, there was an insurance dispute involving
whether the insurer would pay under a director's and
officer's liability policy for the defense of a firm
that had pleaded guilty to a criminal antitrust
violation and, as part of the settlement of a
interstate transportation of stolen property (a
custimer list) against two officers, paid a lot of
money to the gov't.

I drafted the opinion,  referring to the firm as a
"beehive of criminal activity," talking about "the
general atmosphere of criminal disregard of the law,"
and referring often to the criminal liability and
criminal violations. It was a summary judgment motion,
granted in part, denied in part, they settled, and
then the firm asked the judge to _withdraw her
published opinion_ (with this language). She said, "I
don't issue advisory opinions." It's in the F.Supp.
2d., Richardson Electronics v. some or other insurance
co. jks