Title: Mussolini & Dubya

[was: RE: [PEN-L:35295] Re: Re: fascism?]

An interesting novel about Italy in the '30s when Mussolini was taking
over Ethiopia is "Christ Stopped at Eboli."

        Its description of the peasants' politics and occasional misdirected
and fruitless violence evokes for me, somehow, today's USA.

[the real] Gene Coyle

Somewhere I read that when Italy took Ethiopia, there were films of happy Ethiopians welcoming the conquering heroes who had liberated them from the oppressive yoke...

If someone did a novel about the US conquest of Iraq, it should be called "Christ Stopped at E Coli."
Jim