Title: FW: Listen to your elders.....

a friend sent me this:

This is by George Bush Sr. from his book "A World Transformed."

"We should not march into Baghdad. To occupy Iraq would instantly shatter
our coalition, turning the whole Arab world against us and make a broken
tyrant into a latter-day Arab hero. Assigning young soldiers to a fruitless
hunt  for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning them to fight in
what would be an unwinable urban guerilla war, it could only plunge that
part of the world into ever greater instability."

and, according to Marc Cooper's column in the L.A. WEEKLY (March 7 - 13, 2003),

>Back last decade, when he penned his memoirs, It Doesn't Take a Hero, former General Norman Schwarzkopf explained why the Daddy Bush administration didn't take Baghdad at the end of the Gulf War. "I am certain, that had we taken all of Iraq," he wrote, "we would have been like the dinosaur in the tar pit. We would still be there, we, not the United Nations, would be bearing the costs of that occupation. This is a burden I am sure the beleaguered American taxpayer would not have been happy to take on."<

the US government's dumbness quotient (DQ) is rising by the minute...
Jim