Title: RE: [PEN-L:36244] Re: Dixie Chick apologises

what she really said:

Statement from Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks
March 14, 2003

"As a concerned American citizen, I apologize to President Bush because my remark was disrespectful. I feel that whoever holds that office should be treated with the utmost respect. We are currently in Europe and witnessing a huge anti-American sentiment as a result of the perceived rush to war. While war may remain a viable option, as a mother, I just want to see every possible alternative exhausted before children and American soldiers' lives are lost. I love my country. I am a proud American." (http://dixiechicks.launch.yahoo.com/news.asp?id=26)

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine
stop the war now!