ravi wrote:

>  i do not know as much as i need to about prevalent "paradigms" in
> psychoanalysis, but it seems to me that in its successful attempt to
> gain a monopoly in a particular space (thus stamping out a plurality of
> viewpoints), it has also successfully imitated the other sciences.

Actually, psychoanalysis has virtually disappeared from psychiatry and
serious neuro-science. It survives only in literary criticism and among
those marxists Timpanaro described as believing the "Freud never made a
mistake." Fewer and fewer medical schools have psychoanalysts on their
faculty even.

Carrol