In terms of Mr. Bendien's take on history... I could not agree more.

Foreground and background are simple painting ideas...

But, when used in political/materialist history, it often seem to baffle
the religious textualists.

(And leave it to French academics to make a complex "discipline" out of
it. :)

As to Mr. Mayall's protege, Peter Green, he was a fine contributor to
another tradition -- England-style blues, et al. -- that was equally
re-translated (and retranslating in the process) each generation. With
great success...

Ken.

--
All politeness is owing to Liberty. We polish one another,
and rub off our Corners and rough Sides by a sort of