Michael Perelman wrote:

I don't know how we switched from open source to outsourcing, but I find
the concern about outsourcing quite interesting.  For decades,
manufacturing workers suffered the brunt of outsourcing.    I saw little
interest in the media regarding the plight of these workers.  Now that
better educated, more skilled workers are vulnerable, the subject is
becoming popular.

Is that true? There were plenty of stories about the Rust Belt in the early 1980s, and even in the early 1990s. But job loss was presented as a fact of nature, about which we could do nothing - except go to college and learn computers. But now the people who did the "right" thing are taking hits too.

Doug