> even better, in imitation of many Hollywood endings, the camera pulls back
to show a panorama of perhaps 50 or even 100 people singing "look on the
bright side," while dancing on their crosses. I think this is where it's
announced that the sound track is for sale in the theater lobby. (BTW,
without the late George Harrison, this movie would likely never have gotten
to theaters.)

Thanks for that. Il est bon a savoir. I had forgotten that, or maybe I was
going a bit blind watching the end of the movie. George H. smoked too many
cigarettes, that killed him probably. There was a memorial meeting in LA I
think.

> This song also appears in the movie "As Good As It Gets," where Jack
Nicholson plays an obsessive-compulsive (very well, in fact) and sings it.

I sent that movie to my father some months before he died unexpectedly of a
heart attack, as a bit of barbed humour. He did not like it though, he
preferred wholesome, aesthetically pleasing movies with depth and
inspiration.

I do like Burt Lancaster, leaving aside his apologies for imperialism, but
the movie I am after I cannot find just now.

I was going to say something about Ceasar crossing the Rubicon, but I am
mindful that Michael Perelman would not want me to abuse my list privileges
with excessive blog... Suffice to say that disorganisation and indecision
cause suffering which can be understood in an entirely secular framework.
Some bloggers just engage in it as a sideline diversion, but others are
forced into blog by the circumstances of life. To blog or not to blog, that
is the question.

"Vous dictes que vous estes mon juge, je ne sçay si vous l'estes; mais
advisez bien que ne jugés mal, que vous vous mectriés en grant danger; et
vous en advertis, afin que se (si) nostre Seigneur vous en chastie, que je
fais mon debvoir de le vous dire".
(attributed to Joan of Arc).

Sincere greetings to the maxx,

Jurriaan