Finally, after a long period of somnolence, the LBO website has been
updated with a new article, info on my forthcoming book (After the
New Economy), teasers from the new issue (#105), and eight new radio
shows (most of which now open with me reviewing the week's economic
news). All links are accessible from the front page,
<http:/www.leftbusinessobserver.com>.

article
-------

"Crappy little countries," the theory and practice of imperialism, Bush-style

radio shows -----------

July 31, 2003 Ken Sherrill of the Hunter College poli sci department,
on the perils of nonpartisan elections * nurse-practitioner Helen
Ruddy-Brachman on the perils of Medicare reform

July 24, 2003 labor law professor Marc Linder on work hours and the
lack of pee breaks * Chris Carlsson on the bicycle anarcho-activists
of Critical Mass

July 17, 2003 Faye Wattleton, director of the Center for the
Advancement of women, on a poll of American women * Anatol Lieven on
postwar Iraq * Michael Shifter of Inter-American Dialogue on Bush &
Latin America

July 10, 2003 George Monbiot on global governance (and why the WTO
isn't so evil) * author and ctivist Marta Russell on the UN
conference on disability

July 3, 2003 Berkeley geographer Richard Walker on the geography of
the boom and bust * DH on the mess we're in with some listener phone
calls on the topic

June 19, 2003 Patrick Mason on the economics of racial discrimination
* Isabel Cole on dissident Americans abroad (click here for the
website) * Kim Schaffer on housing affordability

June 12, 2003 Michael Hudson, author of a report on the sleazy world
of "subprime" finance

June 5, 2003 Hilary Wainwright, editor of Red Pepper, on Blair's
political troubles * Hamid Dabashi on Iran
--

Doug Henwood
Left Business Observer