Thanks, Carrol, I stand corrected on this. I actually prefer the version of
Emily's poem which you provide. I am not an expert on Emily Dickinson or
anything, by the way. I don't know a lot of classic American literature,
just bits and pieces. The reference was to the song "Riders on the storm" by
The Doors by Ken ("If you give this man a ride, sweet Emily will die, riders
on the storm). The question is whether Emily ought to "die" or not, and in
what sense she would "die". There are different versions of the song. In
some versions it is "sweet family will die", or "sweet memory will die". As
far as I know, it is in fact that Jim Morrison sings "memory" and not
"family" or "Emily". I could be wrong.

J.