Jurriaan Bendien wrote:

> Dearest Joanna,
>
> I honestly and firmly believe that what you say here is bunk. But I will do
> you the honour of investigating it some more. After all, one could be wrong,
> and language has its limitations, does it not ?

I'm not sure what you are talking about -- and in particular, the hotel
allegory is obscure.

But Homer would have agreed with Joanna. The lives of the gods
(immortals) are meaningless, because it is their mortality that gives
meaning to human lives. We are our histories, after all, and eternity
dissolves history.

And then there is the story of the Sybil.

Carrol