a rising yuan (relative to the US$) would eventually cut China's trade surplus with
the US. By lowering the US trade deficit, it would reduce the US demand for funds
(supply of US bonds) at the same time it lowered China's supply of funds (demand for
US bonds). It's hard to say which would win and which way US interest rates would have
to go. However, it would definitely stimulate US net exports and hurt China's net
exports.

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine