On Friday, September 12, 2003 at 06:23:47 (-0700) andie nachgeborenen writes:
>But to return to your position: Allow the President to
>invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it
>necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to
>do so, whenever he may choose to say he deems it
>necessary for such purpose - and you allow him to make
>war at pleasure. ...

Ahem... Yes, but back then, we did not have Saddam only 45 minutes
away from launching missiles loaded with "nukeular" and chemical
weapons that could strike at the heart of the fatherland within
minutes.  So, George stands where kings did, but defends us all
against this great evil about to descend upon us... blah blah blah.

Bill