John,

Apparently, Dornan was fine with containers filled with Chinese imports
arriving daily at ports in Long Beach and Los Angeles.

Seth Sandronsky

Date:    Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:29:49 -0700
From:    Michael Perelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: China

John and the rest of the gang, I would like to see more about this attitude.
have heard about it, but seen nothing solid.  Thanks.

John Gulick wrote:

I think the State Department highly frowns on Chinese investment in the
U.S., especially fixed capital investment. Remember a few years back when
B-1 Bob Dornan, Christopher Cox, and other ultra-right
kooks from Orange County went apeshit when the state-owned Chinese shipping
line (OOCL) tried to sign a long-term lease on a shipping terminal at the
L.A.-Long Beach port complex ? But they sure as hell like it when China
snaps up U.S. Treasury notes !!!

--

Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Get McAfee virus scanning and cleaning of incoming attachments.  Get Hotmail
Extra Storage!   http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es