--- joanna bujes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >Maybe what the left needs is the sociological
> equivalent of Depakote, a mood-stabilizer, or
> Prozac...
> >

> I think it's called art :) Music, dance, theater.
> Lessing wrote a most
> wonderful treatise about this: "Letters on the
> Aesthetic Education of
> Man." It's a bit thick with eighteenth century
> abstract verbiage, but
> underneath it all, there's a marvellous argument
> about how to sow the
> seeds of revolutionary thought and feeling.
>
> Joanna

I agree with this take.  Let's dance.  Let's indulge
ourselves in good drama.  Let's create and while away
some moments immersed in the Rite of Spring.

My mind also needs to blast the straight-jacketed
"norm" of bourgeois dominated life with a little
induced madness.  Many workers and ex-wage-slaves are
like this.  They gather at their watering holes on
Fridays to play again, like they used to.

Unreconstructed hippie-commie salutations,

Mike B)

=====
"--why do you slack your fighting-fury now?  It's hard for me, strong as I am,
single-handed to breach the wall and cut a path to the ships--come,
shoulder-to-shoulder!  The more we've got, the better the work will go!"

One of Sarpedon's speeches in THE ILIAD--The Trojans storm the rampart
http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal