At 1:34 PM -0600 11/6/03, Carrol Cox wrote:
I don't know as much as I should about details of the Philippine War
pursued by McKinley, Roosevelt, & Taft. Did they use anything like
strategic hamlets in that war?

Yes.

"General Bell's Reconcentrado Policy," _Literary Digest_ 24 (Feb. 1,
1902),
<http://www.boondocksnet.com/centennial/sctexts/atrocities020201.html>.

"Light on the American Reconcentrado Camps in the Philippines,"
_Literary Digest_ 24 (Feb. 8, 1902),
<http://www.boondocksnet.com/centennial/sctexts/atrocities020208.html>.

"A Philippine View of Our Reconcentrado Camps," _Literary Digest_ 24
(Feb. 22, 1902),
<http://www.boondocksnet.com/centennial/sctexts/atrocities020222.html>.

Helen Calista Wilson, "Reconcentration in the Philippines and
Statistical Table Showing Results of 'Benevolent Assimilation' on
Population, Production and Prosperity in the Philippines," (Boston:
Anti-Imperialist League, 1906),
<http://www.boondocksnet.com/ai/ailtexts/wilson060121.html>.

Moorfield Storey and Julian Codman, "Secretary Root's Record: 'Marked
Severities' in Philippine Warfare," (Boston: Geo. H. Ellis Co.,
1902), <http://www.boondocksnet.com/ai/ailtexts/srr/index.html>.
--
Yoshie

* Calendars of Events in Columbus: