Louis Proyect wrote:

Well, who else is supposed to criticize the Democrats? Salon.com? The
Nation Magazine? Bill Moyers?

[clip]

I think that the point of Counterpunch (and PEN-L) is to address the
necessity of transforming the system. We are facing a downward spiral in
bourgeois politics that has been going on for decades. Richard Nixon's
domestic policies were far more "liberal" than either Clinton's or Dean's.

Yeah, everybody should slap the Democrats when they're screwing things up in
the relevant issue of the day.  How's Krugman doing?  Learn from him -- he's
trying to drive a wedge between the army (and their families) and the
administration.  That's trying to get the biggest bang for your buck.

To draw the proper economic and political lessons from the Clinton years is
an important strategic task.  But it's not the burning issue of the day.
You can seriously do it now without shooting yourself in the foot.  How
about picking on Greenspan?  He's the one who gave a free pass to the tax
cuts for the rich.

So, what's Counterpunch?  I suppose the name says it all -- it's definitely
not the Journal of Recent Economic History.  Only children and junkies need
not care about context.

As for PEN-L, I don't know, but it seems to me like a group of professional
conspirators bent on taking over the galaxy -- just look at the e-mail
address of their leader: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Weird...

Julio

Las mejores tiendas, los precios mas bajos y las mejores ofertas en MSN
Latino.   http://latino.msn.com/compras