> Many of the students seemed convinced that
> neoclassical economics was an inadequate tool
> for analyzing production and distribution.
> But several of them wanted to know why it was
> so popular and dominant in the schools.  Why
> weren't most students presented with alternatives?
> What would pen'lers have told them?
>
> Michael Yates

Hi Michael,

Once on PEN-L I claimed that one of the reasons for
that was that most of the economists on PEN-L, as well
as others like them, had not resisted hard enough to
keep their rightful places at the "respected"
universities. Whether we like it or not, it is at
these "respected" universities that one can outshout
the others. Those who outshouted the alternative views
did that from their posts at these "respected"
universities.

Whether PEN-Lers and others like them had any chance
to find a place at such universities is a question to
which I am not qualified to provide an answer. I
simply do not have enough information to do that.

But it is my belief that it is time for those who have
the knowledge and ability to present alternative views
to reclaim their rightful places at these "respected"
universities.

Otherwise, they will continue to be outshouted or so I
believe.

Sabri