From: "Jurriaan Bendien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 10:41 PM
Subject: Americana

The NYT reported today:

Mr. Bush's approval rating jumped to 58 percent after Mr. Hussein was
captured, from 52 percent, and the number of Americans who disapproved of
his performance fell to 33 percent, from 40 percent.

This is moronic melodrama. What does the capture of Hussein have to do

with

Bush's performance as President ? It's like we are congratulating a
policeman for catching a shoplifter.

J.