good one Mike, thanks.

Joanna

Mike Ballard wrote:

Monsanto, the creator of PCBs and Agent Orange and the
world's largest purveyor of genetically engineered
seeds, has temporarily bowed out of the biopharm
industry (genetically engineering plants to grow
pharmaceutical drugs). The company says it wants to
continue its focus on what it claims to be a
profitable venture: genetically engineered
foods. Contrasting its PR profit claims, the company
recently closed its 4th quarter with a $188 million
loss. Last year Monsanto lost almost two billion
dollars on total sales of $4.5 billion. Monsanto is
currently laying off nearly 10% of its employees
worldwide. US farmers growing Monsanto and other gene
giant's "profitable" frankencrops lost so much
money last year, taxpayers had to shell out $12
billion  in subsidies for corn, soybeans, and cotton.
http://www.organicconsumers.org/corp/monsanto_biopharm.cfm

=====
"Freedom is what we make of it. If we stand
against repression, authority and illegitimate
structures, we are expanding the domain of
freedom and that's what freedom will be.
That's what we create; there is nothing to
define in words."
-- Noam Chomsky
http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal