andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> don't want to get into the details, but this is not
> just a blow-off opinion. There is depth and thought
> behind it. jks

Neither do I; the topic is not really suitable for e-list discussion.
But in fact all _positive_ references to psychoanalysis on e-lists
_also_ consist of "blow-off opinions," since they always take the
validity of psychoanalysis for granted. Occasionally I merely like to
signal the existence of the current widespread rejection of it. For that
reason I'm not, except for your post, even reading the posts with this
subject line, since I have nothing more to say about it. Those who are
so confident of the validity of psychoanalysis really should read Crews,
Timpanaro, et al. There is an extensive bibliography in the book I
cited.

Carrol