From: PEN-L list [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael
Perelman
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 6:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PEN-L] The economy - a new era?

Actually, the Reagan years were more important.  The Chicago school,
especially Robert Bork, made the case that antitrust hobbled American
corporations in the international market.

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 03:08:28PM -0800, Devine, James wrote:
> my 2 kopeks: it was under Clinton (or perhaps under Bush I or even Reagan)
that anti-trust was shelved. The idea was that with globalization of
competition in product markets, anti-trust wasn't needed. Of course, not all
products have globalized markets...

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department