----- Original Message -----
From: "Marvin Gandall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks. This is more what I was looking for. I wouldn't discount efforts
towards some form of self-regulation in the overall self-interest of
investors, however, and especiially by the big banks who are forced to
take
a bath to take when heavily leveraged big players like LTCM bet wrong and
can't cover their trades. The systemic risk resulting from LTCM situations
is a real concern. But I think the real question is whether this huge
shadowy market can be effectively regulated.

Marv Gandall

Wouldn't the transparency issue run into intellectual property-firm
specific proprietary concerns?

Ian