Dear Pen-ers:
Recently I was in Saudi Arabia, & realized how little I knew of what was
going on there regarding the dissident movements. I turn to you for help
in locating:

i) Good RECENT books on Saudi Arabia politics;
&
ii) After having talked to many Saudi women physicians, references
regarding the teachings of the Koran itself on Hijab.

As an aside, Saudis that I talked to in some detail, & who were quite
open about matters - made a huge distinction (repetitively) between
"tradition" & "custom" - on the one hand - & "religion".
Curiously this appeared to be whether they were pro-Hijab or otherwise.
All very confusing.
But the contradictions in Saudi seem close to exploding point - to a
naive outsider on a quick jaunt.
Thanks in advance to those who can assist.
Hari Kumar