Yeah, well I think the underlying complaint is that Zinn sold too many
books. I can understand that a "scholar" would be frustrated at the
fame/$$/independence that this book earned Zinn. But the scholar should
also understand that in educating and motivating people different kinds
of books are required. Marx understood this, which is why he wrote the
manifesto on the one hand, and Capital on the other.

Joanna

Chris Doss wrote:

"Zinn reduces
the past to a Manichean fable and makes no serious attempt to address the
biggest question a leftist can ask about U.S. history: why have most
Americans accepted the legitimacy of the capitalist republic in which they
live?"

--
What's so daunting about that question? Don't most people accept the legitimacy of
whatever social system they are socialized in, provided it is stable? Most Soviets