Devine, James wrote:
> ravi writes: >RTFM = read the fucking manual. <
>
> so what do we do when Microsoft and similar companies don't provide a
> manual?

your critique of HW/SW is quite correct. but in the limited sense of
interacting with the list management software, the manual is fairly
decent and useful.

i guess manuals either tend to be too trivial (cute graphics and
solutions to trivial problems) or go the other extreme and become
reference manuals i.e., if i already know about motherboard jumpers then
 they will tell me what jumpers to set to bring up my second ATAPI
interface drive, or some such.

        --ravi