I should have written "might not decades of support for imperialism . . by organized labor..."

Michael Yates
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: [PEN-L] Third World Resistance and Western Intellectual Solidarity

I think that millions of working people in the US are deeply troubled about the war in Iraq.  But they lack any kind of progressive mindset to give this unease meaning and to guide them to action. Might note decades of support for imperialism (and its attendant racism and belief in the superiority and goodness of the US) have a lot to do with this.  I wish that Petras as well as those who criticize him would begin the engage workers.  Labor education is a good place to start.

Michael Yates