There was a long article on wage equalization in a
publication which was used by scholars in the West.  I
think it was called, "Problems of Communism".  I think
the article came out in the seventies.  I read it
around 1981. If I find the reference, I'll pass it
along. Anyway, lots of talk on this subject can be
found by Googling around, including stuff embedded in
the one below.

Regards,
Mike B)

http://home.flash.net/~comvoice/29cAzad.html

--- "Devine, James" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> MB wrote:
> >BTW, the equality of wages was something being
> planned
> and implemented in the old USSR.  For example, wages
> on collective farms were being raised by greater
> percentages than wages in the more urbanized, more
> intellectual sectors in the sixties and seventies.<
>
> I'm not an expert on the old USSR, but I understand
> that this was an effort to stop rural/urban
> migration. Earlier, under Stalin, the wage structure
> was made much more unequal.
> Jim D.

=====
"Objectivity cannot be equated