From: PEN-L list [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of "Chris Doss"
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 10:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PEN-L] FW: [PEN-L] Andre Gunder Frank article

My impression is that the problem with Schleifer et al. was ideological blindness,
ignorance and corruption, no? Gaidar's decision to free prices suddenly was done on
his own initiative, right? Creating economic instability in a giant country with one
of the world's most formidable militaries that is practically your ally would seem to
me to be pretty dumb (not that the US gov. isn't capable of some spectacularly stupid
things).

In Russia, the view that the US deliberately tried to wreck Russia is only tossed
around by demogogues, usually of the ultranationalist sort, so I am ultraskeptical.

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and is intended solely
for the use of the named addressee.
Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by any
other person is not authorized.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the
e-mail to the originator.(B)