Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> >>To get those things will require a mass (non-electoral) movement equal
> >>to the (CIO + Civil Rights Movement + Anti (Vietnam) War Movement)*3.
> >>
> >>Carrol
> >
> >Though if we keep getting Geroge W. Bush's for president, we don't even get
> >the first step do we?
> >
> >Joel
>
> The anti-war/anti-occupation movement has been far bigger -- perhaps
> the biggest in history, counting participants worldwide -- under Bush
> than it was under Clinton.

Joel has causal lines reversed. We will keep on getting Bush's for
president (sometimes DP Bush's, sometimes RP Bush's) until we have a
mass movement. The first steps in getting a non-Bush president in 2112
or so is to run a Nader campaign that seriously damages Kerry, at the
same time building the foundations for a larger anti-war movement in
2005 -- since it's fairly obvious that in international affairs Kerry is
the greater evil.

Carrol