Jim and Doug:

>> I'd better start sinning now, so I won't end up in
>> the same place as Mark.
>
> I'm already doomed, since I cheered on the slaughter
> of Afghan babies.
>
> Doug

My friends,

What is wrong with ending up in the same place with Mark? Whether you like
it or not, this is what is going to happen, so be prepared to fight! Maybe
you will not like this either but sooner or later I will join you there too,
if I do not go first.

Here is one poem I love, by Yahya Kemal Beyatli, and I do not know how best
to translate it. It is full at the end of this message in Turkish. I will
translate a few parts:

Silent Ship

When the day to pull the anchor from time comes,
A ship that goes to the unknown departs from this harbor.

It sails silently as if it has no pasengers,
And neither hands nor handkerchiefs are waived in this departure.

All of those who left must be happy with where they are,
Since so many years have past, yet none of them came back from their trip.

Or something like this.

Best,

Sabri

++++++++++++

Sessiz gemi

Yahya Kemal Beyatli

Artik demir almak gunu gelmisse zamandan,
Mechule giden bir gemi kalkar bu limandan.

Hic yolcusu yokmus gibi sessizce alir yol;
Sallanmaz o kalkista ne mendil ne de bir kol.

Rihtimda kalanlar bu seyahatten elemli,
Gunlerce siyah ufka bakar gozleri nemli.

Bicare gonuller. Ne giden son gemidir bu.
Hicranli hayatin ne de son matemidir bu.

Dunyada sevilmis ve seven nafile bekler;
Bilmez ki,giden sevgililer donmeyecekler.

Bir cok gidenin her biri memnun ki yerinden.
Bir cok seneler gecti; donen yok seferinden