Marx made a killing on the stock market one time according to Tussie's
biographer, slavers,pirates and all behind that historic market.

CB

by Carrol Cox

Sabri Oncu wrote:

> This is not diversification at all. It is a single bet, a bet on the US
> dollar hegemony, whose future is more uncertain than ever.

Let's remember that very few if any of the subscribers to this list have
much in the way of discretionary "investment." So the question (which
probably ought not to have Marx's name tagged to it) simply concerns a
chat among fellow leftists about how people in their situation can have
a trifle better chance of surviving at least until dementia sets in and
medicaid takes over.

And the first question emphasized the "ethics" of the topic. I argued at
the time that there was no ethics to it. That is, that (leaving aside
organized boycotts) progressive politics placed no constraints on how
one spent or saved one's money. There would be no _political_ or
_ethical_ constraint in investing in Shell, in investing in a napalm
manufacturer, in shopping at Wal-Mart or Naiman-Marcus, etc etc.
(Assuming no organized boycotts, which one honors.)

Carrol