>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/02/04 7:44 PM >>>
On Nader's
site, a major push is for impeachment of the current Resident. in
Chief. In my mind this is the only viable defensive action available
to the American people at the moment. When Bush gets his second term,
even that avenue will be gone -- in his mind (which hears God telling
him to go to war), Bush will have been given permission to do
whatever he wants. And his is the closest stuck-up finger to nuclear
holocaust.
Dan Scanlan

recall that late henry gonzalez (dem congressman from west texas) filed
numerous articles of impeachment against bush the first...

while you've not intended it, above comment re. bush second term could
be seen by some as reason to vote for kerry (or any dem at all)...
michael

Aye, there's the rub. I've been writing the Kucinich campaign/congressional office nearly every day to urge him to introduce Articles of Impeachment. As a congressman it's his damn job. In his speech introducing the impeachment he can bring up Gonzales' impeachment articles against Reagan and Bush and draw new attention to pappa Bush's interference in the BCCI/CIA/Saudi Bush family scandal investigation. It's completely relevant to today's mire. It may not go anywhere but it may help expand the national discussion and break through the media shellac. And Kerry might have to comment on it.

Dan