LA Times, July 11, 2004
THE RACE TO THE WHITE HOUSE
Kerry to Reach Out to 'People on the Right'

Candidate's new strategy embraces conservatives. He seems unconcerned about ruffling liberals

By Matea Gold and Mark Z. Barabak, Times Staff Writers

ALBUQUERQUE — Counting on his liberal base to stick by him, Sen. John F. Kerry plans to aggressively court more conservative voters with a message that emphasizes traditional values of service, faith and family.

Following his pick last week of a running mate with potential appeal to rural communities, the presumed Democratic presidential nominee said he was not content to target the narrow band of swing voters that the two parties were expected to fight over in roughly 20 swing states.

"I'm going to talk to people on the right," Kerry told The Times on Friday during a joint interview with his vice presidential pick, Sen. John Edwards. "I want to talk to conservatives."

full: <http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-na-kerry11jul11,1,2864401.story?coll=la-home-headlines>

--
Marxism list: www.marxmail.org