In a message dated 7/14/2004 2:21:54 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

TIME.com: The End Of Management? -- Jul. 12, 2004 <http://www.time.com/time/insidebiz/article/0,9171,1101040712-660965,00.html>

The article states:

>The end of management just might look something like this. You show up for work, boot up your computer and log onto your company's Intranet to make a few trades before getting down to work. You see how your stocks did the day before and then execute a few new orders. You think your company should step up production next month, and you trade on that thought.<

Comment

Industrial management and the industrial bureaucracy that permeates society is undergoing revolution as we pass deeper into the post industrial era. Industrial management and the industrial bureaucracy are not two separate categories of the economy or forms of organization of the industrial infrastructure and superstructure but interpenetrate one another.

The above writer conceives the revolution in the technological regime and its material impact on who people are organized to utilize the material power of production from the standpoint of the interaction of the individual with financial - capital, markets.

The layers of Industrial management and the industrial bureaucracy  . . . which were once graphically illustrated by the General Motors building in Detroit (with its famous 14 floors of industrial management) and the management style of Alfred Sloan has gone the way of all flesh.

Managing the flow of labor and resources through financial markets is a vision limited to the bourgeois property relations in my opinion. Tracking the moment of labor and resources through the prism of gambling in the market for financial reward is the vision of the bourgeoisie for post industrial society. This gambling in the financial market is not a thing in itself . . . non is compensation for excellence a bad word.

Rather the larger question is who the new technology, labor and resources are to be deployed and on whose behalf as a property relations.

Management as administration has no end . . . in human history . . . but management as administration is profoundly riveted to a distinct stage of development of the productivity forces . . . the system of communications and distribution and the property relations within.

Here is what is missing.

Yes, . . . the management system is undergoing revolutionary change and this changes expresses revolution in the mode of production on which sits the previous and pre existing management system. The previous and preexisting management system is part of the industrial mode of production . . . which seems not to be understood.

I have some practical experience with this . . . Especially when the auto industry in American attempted to assimilate the advance production and management system of Japan . . . the Just In Time system and its corresponding management structure.

This is not an abstract question but has profound theory implications that cannot be answered on the basis of ideology and democratic proclamations and protestations.

Melvin P.