In a message dated 7/28/2004 12:16:54 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>didn't straight-to-video fave Rutger Hauer star in a film about a blind swordsman once?

dd<

Comment

Not sure but every since Rutger Hauer's incredible performance in Blade Runner  . . . I have been in awe.

"Its not often one gets a chance to meet his maker . . . If you could see what I have seen with your eyes . . . Po . . .lice. . .Man? . . . Time to Die!."

Ouch.

This guy set a new bar for the "European archetype" that left me breathless two decades ago. His eyes . . . his face . . . the contours of his mouth and passion was  . . . incredible.

Then we have the Mexican Factor asserting itself at the end of the movie . . .

"Its to bad she won't live . . . but then again who does?"

Damn.

Twenty-one years ago Hollywood's stupidity was still in full force and Pam Greir would have been perfect in Blade Runner . . . balancing Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer.

What would Rutger Hauer's dialogue been to Pam . . . and the chemistry would have been electric.

Our vision of 2017 is very different today . . . but Ridley Scott hit one out of the ballpark back then.

Melvin P.